I am the cook in my family. Summertime is for tomatoes and gazpacho. It is easy and awesome, as long as you have a blender. Here is the recipe. I found it in the NY Times years ago.
- 2 large fresh red tomatoes or three medium with cores removed. Chopped to fit blender
- 1 large cucumber/ ends removed. Chopped to fit blender
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 cubanelle pepper (long pale green) ends and seeds removed
- Sherry vinegar (1/4 cup or less to taste)
- Olive oil 3 tablespoons or to taste
- Baguette/hoagie roll (2-3 inch piece torn up)
- Salt and pepper
Put all in blender and blend until all smooth.
Add vinegar, oil, salt to taste.
Serve with a little drizzle of oil on top.