I Was In A LYFT Car Accident

Andrew NeuwirthAuto Accidents

Were you in a Lyft or UBER car when you were in a car accident?

Who will help with your injuries?

Is there coverage for your medical bills?

When you are the PASSENGER in a Lyft or UBER vehicle:

When you are the passenger in an UBER or LYFT car, the driver has car insurance for his personal vehicle that you are riding in. But, that car insurance company will not be responsible for your pain, suffering, or medical bills.

This is because the car insurer will say that they will not insure a commercial vehicle.

So, you have to contact LYFT or UBER. Both of these companies actually have good insurance coverage compared to your typical taxicab company.

LYFT uses York Risk Group and Steadfast insurance. York is the point of contact if you are injured in a crash. I have heard a lot of complaints about York. Don’t be surprised if they are not organized or responsive to your requests. They are slightly more responsive to lawyers. In Pennsylvania, they have an obligation to deal fairly with injured crash victims.

If you are in car crash in Pennsylvania, you are entitled to $5,000 in medical coverage at a minimum. LYFT will pay for that or the other car in the crash will pay. All you have to do is ASK!

If you are in a car crash and injured, you can also make a claim through a lawyer like me for pain and suffering.

If you find yourself with questions about this sort of situation, call Neuwirth Law Office, LLC or Andrew Neuwirth at 215-259-3687 or email me at andrew@neuwirthlaw.com or visit www.neuwirthlaw.com.

When you are the DRIVER of a Lyft or UBER vehicle:

When you are the driver in an UBER or LYFT vehicle that is involved in a crash, you will probably learn that your car insurance does not cover you for your collision or injuries. This is because you likely paid for a personal insurance policy for the car and did not advise the insurer that you were going to drive for UBER or Lyft. Therefore, your insurer will “disclaim” or refuse to pay. Commercial policies cover commercial activities and are more expensive and cover more.

If you are a ride share driver you should consider getting collision insurance on your car. Your car insurance will not cover it and then you are at the mercy of your ride share company.