Injured By Intoxicated Person

If you have been injured by an intoxicated individual, you need an experienced attorney who will take your case as seriously as you do. Injured people can attempt to hold intoxicated individuals, and the bars that over-served them, liable for their actions. This is true in Philadelphia as well as in its surrounding counties.

Pennsylvania's Dram Shop laws also make it illegal for bar owners to serve people with drinking habits, people who have been declared insane by the courts, or minors.

When bars, taverns or other drinking establishments sell alcoholic beverages to a visibly intoxicated patron, they can be held liable for any injures that person inflicts. Barkeeps are supposed to use their judgment to discern whether a patron is intoxicated, and if so, it is illegal to continue serving him or her.

Pennsylvania's Dram Shop laws allow victims to hold the bar or establishment that sold alcohol to the drunk driver liable for his or her injuries.

Drunk drivers pose a risk to everyone on the road. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident with an intoxicated individual as a driver, passenger or pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation from the bar that over-served him or her. Alcohol vendors may also be held liable. A good place to start is by calling my office to arrange a time to go over the details of your situation. Call today to make an appointment.